From Mark Pierce <ma...@genasys.es>
Subject Re: what happened to the sample applet?
Date Wed, 23 May 2001 10:42:59 GMT
Hi Vincent,

The Batik demo is broken. At least on my Linux box. The Sun demos run fine but Batik starts
to load with the slide indicator and then throws an exception in a dialog window saying "Unable
to Launch Batik SVG viewer."

The "Details" button shows:
An error occurred while launching/running the application.

Title: Batik SVG Viewer
Vendor: Apache Batik Project
Category: Download Error

The application has requested a version of the Java 2 platform (JRE) that is currently not
locally installed. Java Web Start was unable to automatically download and install the requested
version. The JRE version must be installed manually.

Error Code 11 (11 Requested version is not available for automatic download) returned from
server when accessing resource: (http://jsp.java.sun.com/servlet/javawsExtensionServer, 1.3)

My box is:
Linux 2.2.19, Mandrake 7.2
IBM-Java2-13
XFree86-4.03

Vincent Hardy wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I was waiting for the 1.0 release to point out that the JavaWebStart
> deployment (see a demo at http://xml.apache.org/batik/batikDemo.html)
> should meet your needs (it can be used with applets as well).
>
> Regards.
> Vincent.
>
> Oladeji Famakinwa wrote:
> >
> > We are trying to develop a system where using SVG we dynamically display a map on
a client machine showing road traffic conditions on a section of road. This logically will
be accomplished using an applet. However upon downloading the lastest batik distribution the
sample SVG applet is no longer present. What happened to it?