xmlgraphics-batik-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From bugzi...@apache.org
Subject [Bug 53575] New: Text not showing when not rotated (FreeBSD)
Date Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:28:55 GMT
https://issues.apache.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=53575

          Priority: P2
            Bug ID: 53575
          Assignee: batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
           Summary: Text not showing when not rotated (FreeBSD)
          Severity: normal
    Classification: Unclassified
                OS: FreeBSD
          Reporter: kevin@levity.nl
          Hardware: PC
            Status: NEW
           Version: 1.7
         Component: SVG Rasterizer
           Product: Batik

I'm having a rather strange problem with the Batik rasterizer running on
FreeBSD (8.2). I'm not sure why this occurs - I'm just posting what I know,
please ask if you need any additional information.

I'm trying to render an SVG file to PDF with batik-rasterizer.jar. On my home
computer (Arch Linux) everything works as expected. On my server, everything
renders - except for the text(s) in the SVG file. However, when I rotate the
text slightly (adding transform="rotate(0.01)") the text DOES render correctly.

I tried several different builds - the binary distribution from the Batik site,
Batik 1.7 from FreeBSD ports, and I built Batik 1.8pre from source using the
19/07/12 nightly. All three produce the same result. Trying with and without
custom fonts doesn't make any difference either.

This is a test SVG file I used:
-------------------------------------------------------------
<?xml version="1.0" standalone="no" ?>
<!DOCTYPE svg PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD SVG 20010904//EN"
"http://www.w3.org/TR/2001/REC-SVG-20010904/DTD/svg10.dtd">
<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"
xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" version="1.1" width="800"
height="600" xml:space="preserve">
    <defs>
    <style type="text/css"><![CDATA[
@font-face { font-family: 'BebasNeue'; src: url('fonts/BebasNeue.otf'); }
@font-face { font-family: 'DeliciousRoman'; src:
url('fonts/DeliciousRoman.otf'); }
]]></style>
</defs>
<g transform="translate(453 93) scale(6.64 6.64) rotate(0)">
    <text font-family="'BebasNeue'" font-size="24" font-weight="100"
style="stroke: none; stroke-width: 1; fill: rgb(0,100,20); opacity: 1;"
transform="translate(-56.5 -18.14)">
    <tspan x="0" y="25.34" fill="rgb(0,100,20)">Hallo wereld!</tspan>
    </text>
    </g>
<g transform="translate(291 250)">
    <text font-family="'DeliciousRoman'" font-size="40" font-weight="100"
style="stroke: none; stroke-width: 1; fill: rgb(0,0,255); opacity: 1;"
transform="translate(-144 -30.24)">
    <tspan x="0" y="42.24" fill="rgb(0,0,255)">Dit is een editor...</tspan>
    </text>
    </g>
</svg>

-------------------------------------------------------------

The version above results in an empty PDF.
When I change the file as follows, both texts are shown in the resulting PDF:

-------------------------------------------------------------

11c11
< <g transform="translate(453 93) scale(6.64 6.64) rotate(0)">
---
> <g transform="translate(453 93) scale(6.64 6.64) rotate(0.01)">

16c16
< <g transform="translate(291 250)">
---
> <g transform="translate(291 250) rotate(0.01)">

-- 
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-dev-unsubscribe@xmlgraphics.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: batik-dev-help@xmlgraphics.apache.org


Mime
View raw message