From Goldi Ahuja <go...@Beonic.com>
Subject RE: Creating multiple page pdf
Date Mon, 11 Apr 2011 22:32:53 GMT
Thanks Helder

I would try to implement as you suggest i.e break the svg into two or more parts and merge
the pdfs

Thanks again for your kind help

Goldi

-----Original Message-----
From: Helder Magalh√£es [mailto:helder.magalhaes@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 11 April 2011 7:32 PM
To: batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org
Cc: Goldi Ahuja
Subject: Re: Creating multiple page pdf

> Hello All

Hi Goldi,

> How is it possible to create multiple page pdf using batik PDFTranscoder?

As far as I know, Batik doesn't include functionality for this out-of-the-box. Maybe FOP [1]
will? ;-)

> My SVG file is very big and I wish to convert it to multiple pages in
> pdf
>
> Any advice would be highly  appreciated

Well, you can use the area of interest ("-a" or equivalent switch) [2] to rasterize the document
into separate pages and them merge them together into a single document using a PDF processor
(again, take a look at FOP or PDFsam [3]).

> Rgds
>
> Goldi

Hope this helps,
 Helder