From David Wimsey <dwim...@rtsz.com>
Subject flowRoot doesn't seem to handle flowPara children properly
Date Thu, 06 May 2010 21:57:47 GMT
It would appear that if I create a flowRoot with the required flowRegion and a flowPara (which
seems to be allowed by my interpretation of the spec, Am I reading it wrong?) no text is rendered.

If I nest the flowPara inside a flowDiv first, it works fine, which also is fine according
to the spec.

The real problem for me comes down to the fact that Inkscape doesn't seem to output the flowDiv,
where as the other editors we've been using in the past do.  I was tracking down the various
bits of info to submit it as a bug to Inkscape but the spec seems to indicate the bug is in
Batik.

Anyone have any thoughts as to fixing this?  Doesn't seem like it should be too much of a
fix for someone with knowledge of the internals, or is there a reason that it works like it
does?

Note: The spec I'm refering to is: http://www.w3.org/TR/2004/WD-SVG12-20041027/flow.html
Again, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.