From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Append JTextArea in SVG Document
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 10:42:51 GMT
Hi Gregorio,

"Gregorio Palama'" <gregorio@gregoriopalama.com> wrote on 04/10/2009
05:57:20 PM:

> I'm using a framework to develop certain applications that simulate
> real softwares. The framework uses Batik, creating an svg document
> into a JFrame. I can use all the Objects that the framework define
> programming them with JavaScript, but actually I'm really needing to
> use a JTextArea into the document.

   Do you really need a JTextArea or do you need editable text?

> I tried to import the package and to add a JTextArea into a JFrame
> created run-time with JavaScript, and it works, but it should work
> directly into the svg document to fit my targets.
>
> So the question is: is there any ways to append (on run-time) a
> JTextArea directly to the svg document using JavaScript?

   No there is no way to append a JTextArea directly into an SVG
document.  A number of people have experimented with supporting
swing components in Batik as part of an SVG document but it is
difficult to make it work well in the face of zooming and panning.