From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: exploring flowImage - where to start in understanding batik's workings
Date Mon, 13 Apr 2009 11:48:09 GMT
Hi Shahriar,

Shahriar Aghajani <aghajani.lists@principle.com> wrote on 04/08/2009
02:20:01 PM:

> I'm interested in exploring the <flowImage> concept under <flowText> or
> <flowRoot>.  I'm not sure how straight forward or difficult it will be,
> but I figured I'd give it a shot.

   It will be a little tricky although a fair bit of the trickyness
is in getting the line layout correct.  So if you don't have any
experience with CSS it will be harder.

> After that, I'd like to figure out which part of the code actually draws

> the elements, and more importantly, calculates coordinates!  So that I
> can start tinkering with things.

   The majority of the text layout is done in the batik.gvt.text,
batik.gvt.font
and batik.gvt.flow packages.  The flow package basically sits on top of
the text
package taking the text and wrapping it to regions.  We already support
altGlyph which has some similarities to the image element, so I would
suggest
looking at that and trying to extend it for images.

   Helder already provided some links for general documentation on Batik.