From Helder Magalhães <helder.magalh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Regard: setup and results
Date Thu, 16 Apr 2009 08:40:55 GMT
Hi all,

I forgot to explicitly mention (although it seemed somehow implicit)
that I'd like to receive some feedback on the ideas, or at least some
level of approval, in order to proceed. ;-)

>> It would be great if we could get
>> the latest SVG 1.1 test suite run in regard, rather than the BE test
>> suite.
>
> Yeah, that would be the best, though it sounds like quite a bit of
> effort -- any ideas for the of actions needed to accomplish this (even
> if very drafted/high level)? More related stuff below.
>
> Related with this I'd propose:
>  * Creating a bug for passing the SVG 1.1 full test suite (for tracking);
>  * Start creating bugs for tests currently failing and mark a
> dependency on the other one.

Well, on a second though, this may become somehow redundant with the
"SVG 1.1 test suite" section [1] of "Batik implementation status"
(online documentation), so I'm wondering if it would be a better idea
to simply update the existing table...

Nevertheless, that somehow assumes that online documentation would be
kept in sync with the SVN repository (something which hasn't been
happening much, at least lately). ;-)

Updating both, potentially creating links from the online
documentation table to particular bug reports, would also be
interesting but, again, this redundancy increases the overhead...

Regards,
 Helder

[1] http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/batik/status.html#test