From Bill Gamble <gam...@gmail.com>
Subject Graphics2D to PDF
Date Wed, 06 Aug 2008 20:11:10 GMT
Hello Everyone,

I am new to Apache XML Graphics projects and I was wondering if someone
could answer a few questions for me or point me in the right direction where
I can find them myself.

What I am trying to accomplish: I am trying to use a Graphics2D object to
draw to a multi page PDF document.

I have read through the descriptions of Batik, FOP, and the Graphics Commons
project, and look through the available documentation and code samples and
here is what I gathered so far:

1)    I will need to draw out to an SVG file (in my case, multiple SVG
files) with Batik.

2)    Use FOP to read in the SVG files and write them to PDF.

Is this correct? I was intrigued by the Graphics Commons overview which
stated it provides "Graphics2D implementations that let you generate PDF &
PostScript files, and much more." and got me all excited, however I was not
able to find any documentation, examples, etc on how to do this. I googled
it for a while but was not able to come up with anything relevant.

If anyone can:

1)    Confirm or correct the statements about the best approach to producing
a multipage PDF document.

2)    Point me to any documentation, javadocs, etc. I am probably missing
something but have not been able to find much documentation at all.

Thank you,

Bill Gamble

LabPrints

130 Remsen St.