From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: IE8 doesn't do SVG, now is good timing for Batik to fix that in a more general way
Date Sun, 16 Mar 2008 03:05:27 GMT
Hi Bruce.

Bruce Rindahl:
> I am willing to give this a try if you can help point me in the right
> direction.  I can compile Batik from source and have available VS2005.  I
> will look into creating an ActiveX plugin but if you have any specific
> references for me to check let me know.  We desperately need a new plug-in
> and Batik would be a perfect solution.

I’d be happy to give you pointers on getting this to work!
Unfortunately, I know next to nothing about writing ActiveX components,
so that part you may have to work out yourself.

I think you could get away with having a JSVGCanvas running in the JVM
(but not being displayed), and for it to be painted on a
java.awt.Graphics object implemented with native methods that actually
draw on the ActiveX component’s canvas.  Mouse and keyboard events could
be captured on the ActiveX component and then synthesised and dispatched
to the JSVGCanvas on the Java side.

But it could end up being more complex than this…

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/