From brindahl <rind...@lrcwe.com>
Subject Re: IE8 doesn't do SVG, now is good timing for Batik to fix that in a more general way
Date Sat, 15 Mar 2008 14:37:32 GMT

Cameron McCormack-4 wrote:

> Jeremias Maerki:
>> Indeed. I actually thought about the IE plug-in myself recently but I've
>> had enough of the Win32 dev platform (and C and ObjectPascal) that I'm
>> not going to bother. I think this would make a perfect GSoC project,
>> however.
>
> I’ve been thinking on and off about the plugin thing for a while.  Two
> approaches came to mind:
>
>   * write a simple ActiveX component (or however you do it these days,
>     I’m not very familiar with Win32/COM/.NET stuff) that communicates
>     with Batik in a JVM, and paints the component with renderings from
>     Batik and forwards events from the component to Batik; or
>
>   * compile Batik with gcj and GNU classpath and use that by the ActiveX
>     component.
>
>> Anyway, volunteers and patches are always welcome! Good ideas are
>> already here. ;-)
>
> Yep. :)

I am willing to give this a try if you can help point me in the right
direction.  I can compile Batik from source and have available VS2005.  I
will look into creating an ActiveX plugin but if you have any specific
references for me to check let me know.  We desperately need a new plug-in
and Batik would be a perfect solution.
Bruce