From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release of Batik 1.7 (third (and final?) try)
Date Tue, 08 Jan 2008 20:14:44 GMT
Hi Thomas.

Thomas DeWeese:
>    Thanks for all the hard work that has gone into this release.
> The addition of SMIL Animation is a big boost to Batik.
>
>    I finally had some time to run regard on the proposed release.
> Most of it looked good but there were two issues that came up.
>
>    First the gradient line/point tests now fail to render anything.
> Is this expected?

Yes, I haven’t got around to removing/changing those tests yet.  These
now don’t render in response to a fix for an SVG 1.1 test case that
tests the following paragraph from the end of sectoin 7.11 of the spec:

  Keyword objectBoundingBox should not be used when the geometry of the
  applicable element has no width or no height, such as the case of a
  horizontal or vertical line, even when the line has actual thickness
  when viewed due to having a non-zero stroke width since stroke width
  is ignored for bounding box calculations. When the geometry of the
  applicable element has no width or height and objectBoundingBox is
  specified, then the given effect (e.g., a gradient or a filter) will
  be ignored.
   — http://www.w3.org/TR/SVG11/coords.html#ObjectBoundingBox

>    Second a bunch of the WMF tests have slightly different
> renderings (in particular line widths have changed).  I
> suspect that these are due to the various WMF reader
> improvements but I thought it would be worth getting
> confirmation. (I wouldn't -1 the release for this in the future
> it's good to 'fix' the references for these sorts of changes
> at least when the release is made).

I’ll investigate this later today, but maybe Hervé knows?

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/