From batmannavneet <navneet.d...@dante.org.uk>
Subject JVM crash during rasterization
Date Thu, 21 Sep 2006 11:25:32 GMT

Hi,

For past couple of months I am having this wierd problem.

Whenever I try to rasterize a SVG into a JPG, the JVM crashes randomly and
an hs_err_pid log file is generated. I am not sure why this happens and that
too randomly.

I tested the same program for a couple of months on a 32bit solaris server
with Java 5 and it never crashed. But when i moved the application to 64bit
AMD server running redhat enterprise linux (ES release 4), the crashing
appears randomly (roughly 20-30 crashes a day with the program running every
5 minutes).

Has anybody faced this issue ? Or any idea why is it happening and where the
problem lies.

Cheers,

Navneet