From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Relationship between sXBL and XBL 2.0
Date Sat, 09 Sep 2006 01:59:56 GMT
Hi Hervé.

Hervé Girod:
> I just saw the last call working draft for XBL 2.0 on the W3C site.
> What's the relationship between sXBL and XBL 2.0 ? Is sXBL really a
> subset of XBL 2.0, or are there any subtle differences between sXBL and
> XBL 2.0 ?
>
> And if sXBL is really a subset of SBL 2.0, will the actual sXBL
> specification be dropped in favour of the more general XBL 2.0 ?

It’s not quite syntactically a subset, but functionally sXBL is pretty
much a subset of XBL 2.0 I think.  I do get the impression that sXBL
will be dropped in favor of something more general like XBL 2.0.  I’m
loathe to make decision either way with Batik—I’ll just wait to see what
SVG 1.2 Full say, when it is back on the WG’s radar.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/