From Cameron McCormack <...@mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Regarding org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2006 04:30:32 GMT
Hi Alain.

Alain Pannetier:
> Although my problem is different ( see below ) i thought I'd take a
> minute to report the following :
>
> Context :
>
> Class : org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory
> Method : protected Document createDocument(InputSource is)
>
> 1 / The XML parser, which used to be (in 1.6) a local variable of the
> createDocument method is now a private member.
> So far so good.
>
> 2/ In Revision 201420 it was nullified after creation (Goal ?, blind merge
> ?).
>
> 3/ Same revision now introduces the use of the very private member
> parser within the
> method startElement used when the factory is also the SAX DefaultHandler
>
> I might have missed sth but I cannot see how that would work.

It works because the startElement method is called from the SAX
implementation, which begins its parse with the

  parser.parse(is);

call from createDocument.

> I'm currently looking into the code of a utility importing Batik into an
> editor.
> This utility creates a 'DocumentProvider' by subclassing that very class
> org.apache.batik.dom.util.SAXDocumentFactory
>
> It actually only overrides the Method :
> protected Document createDocument(InputSource is)
> In the process it creates its own parser.
> So my request would be :
>
> Could we make this parser member 'protected' ?

It would be more consistent to have it be protected, like the other
members.  I’ll change it, and commit it in my next round of small
changes.

Cameron

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/