From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: batik with GNU Classpath
Date Sat, 26 Nov 2005 23:02:51 GMT
Just a heads-up: I'm not where I wanted to be by now. I've lost a lot of
time today because of Sun's ImageIO JPEG codec which behaves strangely.
However, most of that is probably because I know less about JPEG than I
thought. I guess, someone with more knowledge in this area will have to
go over the adapters to improve the situation. What's left is finishing
the Transcoders and the adjusting the build. The latter is a project in
itself I guess because the many JARs will have to be verified if they
still include everything that's necessary.

I ended up creating a sources-internal-codecs directory for Batik's
codecs (plus adapters) instead of putting them into sources-1.3, because
even with JDK 1.4 you might want the codecs to be present, especially
since in the beginning the ImageIO adapters will provide somewhat less
functionality than the old codecs. I had to realize that I have much to
learn about image handling. Some help with finishing this later will be
appreciated.

So, another few days....

On 24.11.2005 10:25:19 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> In the meantime, I've made some progress yesterday evening. Looks like I
> may really have a first patch ready by Sunday.

Jeremias Maerki