From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Custom elements and the "style" attribute
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 12:27:36 GMT
Hi all,

   One other thing I ment to mention:

Robin Berjon <robin.berjon@expway.fr> wrote:

>> However at the level of the DOM, this isn't needed. It's the same thing

>> as "ignoring" elements in a namespace you don't know -- you still put
>> them in the DOM.

    This is a very poor analogy.  The DOM needs to know nothing about
attributes to behave correctly
an attribute is just an attribute and it has DOMString as it's value. This
is not at all the case for CSS
properties, they are complex typed entites, with complex rules about
inheritance and default values.

thomas.deweese@kodak.com wrote on 10/12/2005 08:16:22 AM:

> Hi all,
>
>         I don't consider the two contradictory at all.  CSS 2 says that
we
> should treat
> the stylesheet as if the style sheet was missing the unknown properties.

> The
> CSSStyleDec says that we should report all the specified properties.
This