From thomas.dewe...@kodak.com
Subject Re: Custom elements and the "style" attribute
Date Wed, 12 Oct 2005 14:19:51 GMT
Hi Robin,

    Either you take my interpretation of the two specs.  I.E.
CSS2 says that a U/A must ignore unknown properties when
parsing and hence there are no unknown properties for the
words in CSSStyleDeclaration to apply to.  Alternately you
must agree that the language in the two specs is fundamentally
incompatible.   We can not both present and ignore the property
at the same time.

   I would rather think that the CSSStyleDeclaration is making a
useless statement rather than directly violating the language of
the spec it is building on.

   Also since this is the interface returned by the 'style' member of
SVGStylable it does effect individual elements (I suspect the situation
is similar in XHTML land as well).

   I don't think any action can be taken on this issue until the CSS/DOM
WG clarifies the situation.