From Jeremias Maerki <...@jeremias-maerki.ch>
Subject Re: batik with GNU Classpath
Date Mon, 24 Oct 2005 07:52:47 GMT
Anthony,

since I've heard a number of times now about the desire to run Batik/FOP
on GNU Classpath I'd like to help make sure this can happen. However,
the last time I tried to do anything in this direction I was utterly
stuck. Do you have any pointers, hints, advice for me how to build a
normal Java project that has an Ant build using GNU Classpath on Windows?
The best thing would be a walk-through. :-) I don't have a Unix box
available to me, nor do I have much patience with complicated build
processes and extensive gathering of external dependencies each needing
a lot of setup time. Burned child, you know. :-)

On 22.10.2005 21:52:05 Anthony Green wrote:
> A couple of months ago I posted a note to this list about running Batik
> on GNU Classpath based VMs, like gcj.  This is just a little update...
>
> I was able to build batik by stripping out the JPEG and TIFF support
> (due to dependencies on com.sun.image.* classes).  PNG should still work
> in theory.  Unfortunately it looks like we need to do a little bit of
> work on the GNU Classpath side to make things go.  In particular, we
> haven't implemented java.awt.BasicStroke yet.
>
> This is becoming a little higher priority since there's a desire to
> render all of the Fedora Core documentation using fop (which depends on
> batik) on a Free Software tool stack.
>
> AG

Jeremias Maerki