From Anthony Green <gr...@redhat.com>
Subject batik with GNU Classpath
Date Sat, 22 Oct 2005 19:52:05 GMT
A couple of months ago I posted a note to this list about running Batik
on GNU Classpath based VMs, like gcj.  This is just a little update...

I was able to build batik by stripping out the JPEG and TIFF support
(due to dependencies on com.sun.image.* classes).  PNG should still work
in theory.  Unfortunately it looks like we need to do a little bit of
work on the GNU Classpath side to make things go.  In particular, we
haven't implemented java.awt.BasicStroke yet.

This is becoming a little higher priority since there's a desire to
render all of the Fedora Core documentation using fop (which depends on
batik) on a Free Software tool stack.

AG