From Cameron McCormack <cam-batik-...@aka.mcc.id.au>
Subject Re: Apache developers at int. SVG Open conference?
Date Tue, 22 Feb 2005 07:33:01 GMT
Hi Ruud.

Ruud Steltenpool:
> Looking at the incoming abstracts, plus from personal messages having an
> idea of what's still coming, i expect about every major SVG implementor
> actively participating at SVG Open 2005. However, Batik implementors are
> not among them yet :-(
>
> Please look at the call for participation
> http://www.svgopen.org/2005/cfp.html
> (We'll try to be somewhat flexible for you on the nearing deadline)

I haven't contributed much to Batik so far (though I am comitting a
bunch of code right at the moment), but I do have a reasonable
knowledge of its innards, having worked with it for the past couple of
years.

In the next few weeks I'll probably commit some preliminary sXBL support
for Batik.  Would a talk about the implementation of sXBL, and some
demos of sXBL components running in Batik, suffice for a presentation?

As you know Ruud I'd love to come to SVG Open this year.  It's just the
problem of funding!  Without a presentation that's directly related to
my research, my university won't be able to pay for me to go. :(

Apache don't have a system where they can pay for a committer to go to a
conference do they?  I guess it's not likely.  =P

Cameron

--
  e-mail : cam (at) mcc.id.au    	icq : 26955922
     web : http://mcc.id.au/	        msn : cam-msn (at) aka.mcc.id.au