From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Java SAX and SVG files
Date Mon, 29 Nov 2004 17:22:19 GMT
Alice Cavallo wrote:

> I set factory.setValidating(false);
> than the the SAx Parser gave me the right reading of the SVG file. But
> the error (below) showed up at the end.

    I get this error if I have two <?xml ...> lines in my
Document.  As to your other sample file that was a gzip
compressed SVG file (it should have .svgz as it's extension).

> Hopufully when I add this class to my tool it won't make the
> whole sapplication  crash.

    Well, hopefully you are catching exceptions and notifying the
user when problems are encountered.

> Do you suggest any free-ware that converts jpg to svg and  conform to
> the SVG DTD?

   I've played with AutoTrace it did a decent job.  You might check
out:
	http://www.gy.com/Computer/CAD_and_CAM/Raster_to_Vector/