From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: flowText vs. flowRoot
Date Wed, 17 Nov 2004 13:38:52 GMT
Hi all,

    I will delivering the SVG 1.2 update soon.  This will have both
the 'current' SVG 1.2 flowRoot implementation as well as Batik's
extension flowText element.  The code has been refactored so they
are independent of the core rendering engine.  The plan will be
to continue the existence of flowText (Batik extension) as is
until the SVG WG figures out what it's doing and the flowRoot
implementation can be brought in line with the specification.

    In the mean time if people want to use the flowRoot stuff they
can with a strong warning that the markup and functionality is _very_
likely to change and evolve with the specification.