From Thomas DeWeese <Thomas.DeWe...@Kodak.com>
Subject Re: Defining of elements lying in rectangle
Date Thu, 23 Sep 2004 09:51:35 GMT
Hi Jorg,

Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Indeed, this would be *extremely* handy for any GEO related application
> where selecting "features" (ie svg elements) is considered standard
> functionality. If this gets implemented, will it be possible to have
> any selection shape (circle, ellipse, custom) ?

    As far as I can see the SVG DOM only supports using a Rect element.
However, I seem to recall an interface along these lines perhaps it
is in 1.2?

> What do you mean by "don't forget to take transforms into account" ?

    getBBox returns the bounding box in the local coordinate system,
so it needs to be transformed to what ever coordinate system you
defined your top level rectangle in.  Probably using
getTransformToElement or getScreenCTM.