From Hervé Girod <herve.gi...@club-internet.fr>
Subject Re: Problem in SVGFont class ?
Date Sun, 12 Sep 2004 18:44:29 GMT

Cameron McCormack wrote :

>> What's the reason for this " ' " enclosing, is it a bug or is there a
>> reason for that that I don't see yet ?
>
> It is because CSS needs values with spaces to be quoted, for example:
>
>   font-family: 'Times New Roman'
>
> I guess it just quotes everything to be safe, so it doesn't have to
> check.

OK, I didn't know that thing about CSS...

However, although not necessary, I think the result could be "prettier", if
the DOMUtility / XMLWriter classes check if Strings are enclosed in two " '
", and keep the two enclosing quotes like that instead of converting it to
"&apos;". Of course, this would not be really useful, as the current
behaviour have no consequence, except on the "human readability" of the XML
text output.