From Hervé Girod <herve.gi...@club-internet.fr>
Subject SVG, sXBL and Batik
Date Thu, 02 Sep 2004 23:12:14 GMT
I just happens to browse the next SVG Open conference agenda, and one of the events deals with
a new XML specification (jst a working draft now) : SVG's XML Binding language (sXBL). I could
just look at the W3C working draft, and it already sounds very interesting to me, so I have
some questions about this :

- does anybody know some sites with more informations about this language than just the specification
draft ?
- do you think it could be useful (and / or possible) to implement it with Batik for example,
when the spec become stable (just a guess) ?

Sorry if you feel it's not the right place for this question !!

P.S. : One of the reasons why I am potentially interested in this norm is that, in my company,
we use a proprietary ASCII 2D graphic specification format (not related to XML at all). This
specification allows to define 2D Shapes / Images, with some very simple embedded dynamic
contents (for example, a line can have a variable length). I am now able (using Batik / Java),
to parse the original images and convert them to SVG without loosing anything, and we use
it daily now.

But I could not find any "normative" way to keep the original dynamic contents in the SVG
file. Could sXBL be such a solution for the future ?