xmlgraphics-batik-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From George Armhold <armh...@cs.rutgers.edu>
Subject Re: Performance of Batik.dom.svg.SVGOMDocument.getById()
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2004 09:47:40 GMT
Sieker, Fritz wrote:

 > I used Jprobe and found that the biggest time sink was in
 > Batik.dom.svg.SVGOMDocument.getById().
 >
 > [ ... ]
 >
 > As an experiment, I replaced the scan of "protected static Element
 > getById(String id, Node node)" by a hash table.
 >
 > [ ... ]
 >
 > The results were dramatic, with the > 20 minute load dropping to
 > just a few seconds.

I ran into the same problem, came up with a similar solution, and got
the same impressive speedup.  Except I implemented my HashMap cache
outside of Batik, in my own application space.  Not to say that my
solution was any better/worse, just "me too".  Would be nice to see
this optimization added to Batik in the proper way.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: batik-dev-unsubscribe@xml.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: batik-dev-help@xml.apache.org


Mime
View raw message