From "john farrow" <fomailingl...@xmlpdf.com>
Subject extending AbstractGraphics2D
Date Thu, 26 Aug 2004 05:10:58 GMT

Hi

I am writing a PDF transcoder, including extending org.apache.batik.ext.awt.g2d.AbstractGraphics2D.

Using some SVG like this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<svg height="200" width="500" preserveAspectRatio="xMidYMid meet" zoomAndPan="magnify"
xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg"

 <circle cx='200' cy='200' r='100' stroke='red' stroke-width='3' fill="green" opacity=".1"/>

</svg>

When a shape is rendered, if it has no opacity attribute then AbstractGraphics2D.drawShape
is and I can render the shape to PDF ok.  But if the shape has an opacity attribute then AbstractGraphics2D.drawImage
is called instead, whereas I would like to have drawShape() also called and I handle the opacity
within the PDF.

I have a feeling this is a configuration setting or similar, and was wondering if anyone can
tell me why this happens, before I spend a day installing the source and wading through it
myself.

Thanks for your help

John Farrow

Visual Programming Ltd
mail  PO Box 22-222, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
site  Level 2, 2 Ganges Road, Khandallah, Wellington, New Zealand
phone  +64 4 479 1738
fax  +64 4 479 1294
web  http://www.xmlpdf.com