From Jamie Browning <jamie.brown...@exponent.co.uk>
Subject All quiet on the SVG front
Date Tue, 15 Jun 2004 13:13:34 GMT
All

Can anyone enlighten me as to the current status of the Batik project?
 From posts over the last month I have ascertained a number of cryptic
details which lead me to believe that Batik development has stopped due
to some argument over the terms of the Apache license.

Is Batik owned by any 1 organisation or has development stopped by order
of any organisation? If not why have we (batik-developers) not been kept
informed about what is happening? And why, if this is a disagreement
between some of the commiters employers and Apache, have we not heard a
call for additional developers to move into those roles. Surely the
continued development of Batik is the primary interest of ALL developers.

I know less about the current Batik status than I do about the next
Adobe release ;-).

Someone please correct my ignorance.

Jamie