From Piyush Rai <raights...@yahoo.com>
Subject NullPointerException while setting attributes
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:38:43 GMT
Hi,

I have a NodeList of path elements in an SVG file.
String svgNS = SVGDOMImplementation.SVG_NAMESPACE_URI;
NodeList paths = document.getElementsByTagNameNS(svgNS,"path");

I am also creating an equal number of empty paths(by setting 'd' attribute as "").

numberOfPaths = paths.getLength();
path = new Element[numberOfPaths];

Now I want to set other attributes of these new paths to that of original paths(from the SVG
file itself, instead of constant values). I am trying this(for example, the  "stroke" attribute):

NamedNodeMap namedNodes = paths.item(i).getAttributes();
//path[i].setAttributeNS(null, "stroke", "#00ffff");   THIS WORKS FINE
path[i].setAttributeNS(svgNS, "stroke",namedNodes.getNamedItemNS(svgNS,"stroke").getNodeValue());

And similarly for other attributes.

But I am getting NullPointerException. All the statements are in the order as written here.
What could be the reason for this? Any thoughts?
--Piyush.