From Jeremias Maerki <dev.jerem...@greenmail.ch>
Subject Re: Contributing to Batik
Date Mon, 28 Jun 2004 14:33:34 GMT
Hello Felipe,

it's unfortunate that you've gone through the pains of creating such a
transcoder. We already have one although it's not in Batik's codebase
but in FOP's. We needed SVG support for our PostScript renderer so we
implemented it there. By the way, it's already available in the latest
Batik release although it may be a bit hidden. Once we have the XML
Graphics project ramped up I plan to push the PDF and PostScript
transcoders to their own space that is shared between FOP and Batik
which will make maintenance easier and provide the two transcoders with
more visibility.

So, how advanced is your implementation? Ours is not quite finished but
quite usable. Maybe we could join forces.

Here's FOP's PS/EPS transcoder:
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/render/ps/

--
Jeremias Maerki <dev.jeremias@greenmail.ch>