From Piyush Rai <raights...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: extracting coordinates and timings
Date Fri, 11 Jun 2004 12:03:48 GMT
Thanks Tonny for your quick reply. I'll try to generate the animations using ECMA/JavaScript.

However, would you please answer my second question in the last mail? Is it possible to extract
the coordinates of a point on the path with timings(from beginning of animation) at the same
time when the point is being drawn. Actually, I need to send these parameters to another application
which is supposed to "replay" the animated annotations of the SVG file in a 3D environment
by an animated humanoid avatar. These two applications need to run synchronously. I mean,
the humanoid avatar should replay the annotations at the same time at which they are shown
in the SVG file.
Hope you could give me some idea regarding the same.
Kind regards,
Piyush.

Tonny Kohar <tonny@kiyut.com> wrote:
Hi,

> 1. Firstly, I want to know if Batik viewer can show animated SVG files
> or not? I want to show some annotations(like encircling or
> "tick-marking" some parts of a background image). For this, I need to
> create a path element. However, I don't want the entire path to be
> shown all at once. I mean they should be shown
> gradually("incrementally" rather!!) as they are drawn(may be, by
> specifying the begin time and duration of each annotation). Can
> someone give me an idea as to how can I achieve this?

As far as I know, the current Batik version does not support animation.
However, batik support EcmaScript/JavaScript which you may utilize.
Check out the batik sample starfield.svg

Regards
Tonny Kohar
--
Sketsa