From Piyush Rai <raights...@yahoo.com>
Subject extracting coordinates and timings
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2004 14:00:00 GMT
Hello,

I am new to SVG. I have two questions:-

1. Firstly, I want to know if Batik viewer can show animated SVG files or not? I want to show
some annotations(like encircling or "tick-marking" some parts of a background image). For
this, I need to create a path element. However, I don't want the entire path to be shown all
at once. I mean they should be shown gradually("incrementally" rather!!) as they are drawn(may
be, by specifying the begin time and duration of each annotation). Can someone give me an
idea as to how can I achieve this?

2. In case, above is possible, I want to extract the current drawing coordinates, and time(from
the beginning of animation) of the path. How can I do this? I need to send these parameters
to another application to reproduce the drawing of annotations in a 3D world(using Java3D/VRML)
by a humanoid avatar.

Any help(Batik/Non-Batik) on this would be appreciated.

Thanks,

--Piyush.