From Thomas DeWeese <tdewe...@rochester.rr.com>
Subject Fixing FOP
Date Sat, 31 May 2003 13:38:08 GMT
Hi all,
    I tried sending mail yesterday but I think it died somewhere.

    Anyway, to answer Jeremias's question - Yes it would be possible to
keep the code
backwards compatible (by  having AbstractGraphicsNode.getSensitiveBounds
either getBounds,getPrimitiveBounds or getGeometryBounds, but the
problem is that
any of these could be the right answer and in some cases none are - so
really people who
derive off AbstractGraphicsNode need to think what is correct in their case.

To answer Pietschmann I think getPrimitiveBounds would be correct for an
In reality I don't think it matters in this case since this is only
needed for interactive
applications (which FOP generally isn't).

Hope this helps.