From Thomas E Deweese <thomas.dewe...@kodak.com>
Subject Re: how to increase an image resolution in PDF Transcoder
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2003 16:58:51 GMT

RK> Keiron Liddle suggested to post this issue to batik-dev: I patched
RK> the PDFGraphics2D class to get a better resolution for Images.
RK> Keiron gave me the hint that i may have to increase the Dimensions
RK> of the BufferedImage() to do this. Now, I dont get a better image
RK> resolutions, although the file size increases. I think it must be
RK> related to the fact that the BufferedImage is downscaled to the
RK> documents resolution before (and without the use of an observer
RK> for loss-less scaling)

    Actually the problem seems to be that the image is _not_ scaled.
Towards the end of the drawImage method the PDFGraphics sets up the
transform for the image, this needs to take into account the scale
factor.  Also I noticed at least one place where you only used
IMAGE_RESOLUTION_FACTOR when you needed to use
IMAGE_RESOLUTION_FACTOR*IMAGE_RESOLUTION_FACTOR (it was calculating
the size of the image in pixels).

RK>  I'm quiet new to the code, I go ahead and try hard to understand
RK> what happens, Any hint is very appreciated!

    Unfortuantely I don't have the time to fully investigate this
hopefully the above will give you a few new leads to follow.