From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: Adding attributes to elements.
Date Mon, 30 Dec 2002 17:22:12 GMT
Hello Ernie,

Ernie wrote:
> Hi I'm new to Batik and have a rather simple yet frustrating question.
>
> I just need to be able to add some other attributes to some SVG elements
> eg I need to add "my_id" to a rect element. I saw a thread which
> addressed this exact issue but the only answer was to look at
> org.apache.batik.svggen.SwingSVGPrettyPrint.
>
> This told me absolutely nothing. Can someone be kind enough to show me
> an example of how this is accomplished.

Are you asking how to do this for content generated by SVGGraphics2D or
for SVG content in general?

If you are creating content through the DOM, you would do:

Element r = document.createElementNS(svgNS, "rect");
r.setAttribute("id", "my_id");

If you are wondering how to do that for content generated from
SVGGraphics2D, you'll need to look into the structure of what
SVGGraphics2D manages. This is documented in the DOMTreeManager and the
DOMGroupManager classes. With that information and your knowledge of
what you draw in an SVGGraphics2D, you can then access the content
generated by SVGGraphics2D and add attributes to it...

If that is not answering your question, thanks for giving more details
on what you want to accomplish.

Vincent.