From "Randall Clark" <clinc...@bjc.org>
Subject Re: convert ps->svg
Date Wed, 19 Jun 2002 12:46:08 GMT
We are using pstoedit with the svg plugin by Wolfgang Glunz. See http://www.psotedit.net/pstoedit/

>>> erlto@net-linx.de 06/19/02 05:25AM >>>
Hi there

I've a question about rendering postscript.
Is there a way to convert ps/eps to svg in batik or does anyone know a
(free) tool to do this.
I need this to preview these files to give the user a chance to cancel the
printjob, if the ps file (produced from another application) isn't correct
(e.g. spelling mistakes or so).
I'm using FOP to generate pdf-files and sometimes there are embedded
postscript images inside of these (large) files.
The problem is we cannot let the user print a 50-page document to check if
the postscript file at page 23 is as expected and trash all if not.

Now I render this document and the place where the ps-image is located is
empty (also in the generated pdf using Acrobat Reader). Only the printed
page contains the image.
I know that FOP is able to render svg-images, so I've to transcode the 'ps'
to 'svg' for a correct preview.
To force the client to buy an application like Adobe Illustrator v9.+ to
convert the file into svg before previewing is not an option.

Can anyone help me?

ThanX in advance Torsten