From "Randall Clark" <clinc...@bjc.org>
Subject Re: Special Fonts not supported?
Date Wed, 12 Jun 2002 18:33:05 GMT
Oh! It's a "Java thing"  We are running on several platforms: MS, Unix, TSE Servers.  I will
take a look at the Java fonts settings.  The font is loaded on my system, so I thought Java
picked those up automagically if it cannot find them anywhere else...

As far as the svg fonts, is there a place where those are referenced?

Thanks!

>>> thomas.deweese@kodak.com 06/12/02 01:25PM >>>

RC> Can anyone tell me whether fonts such as ZapfDingbats, Dingbats,
RC> and Symbols are/are not supported in Batik?  If they are is there
RC> something special I need to know for displaying them in the batik
RC> browser?

    We get all 'platform fonts' through the JDK.  So if you can use
them in other Java Applications you should be able to use them in
Batik.  What platform are you running on?

    On Unix you can muck with 'jre/lib/font.properties' but to be
honest I don't fully understand how platform fonts work in Java.

    Of course if you really want to make sure you have the font (and
it's the same on all clients) you probably want to use an SVG font.