From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: svg font clipping
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 06:28:00 GMT
>> getBounds - for GraphicsNode.getGeometryBounds()
>> getDecoratedShape - for GraphicsNode.getBounds()
>
> VH> You meant TextNode.getGeometryBounds() and TextNode.getOutline(),
> VH> right?
>
>     They are the same methods, TextNode derives off GraphicsNode (I
> reference them as GraphicsNode methods since GraphicsNode is the
> external interface).

OK, I thought you wanted to point to the code where TextPainter was
used. However, I do not understand why you are saying that
TextNode.getOutline() is the same as GraphicsNode.getBounds(). The
GraphicsNode.getBounds() method builds on
GraphicsNode.getPrimitiveBounds()
which uses the TextPainter's getPaintedBounds method.

>     No, it's not a trivial change (I've played with removing methods
> enough to be fairly sure I know what the dependencies are).  My
> preference is actually to rationalize the TextPainter interface but
> FOP probably wouldn't like that.... :)

If we do what you have done for the method name change (implement
old and new methods for 1 release and then remove the old methods, all
that after sending a warning to the list) and make
sure that Keiron sees the warning message :-), then it seems ok to me
to go that route, but let's see what Keiron think, this may cause more
pain in FOP than I realize.

Vincent.