From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@sun.com>
Subject Re: SVGClipPathElementBridge -should this class implement ErrorConstants
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2002 07:21:19 GMT
Robert,

Robert DiBlasi wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am starting to look into the Bridge package....To learn how it is
> structured and hopefully create a small tutorial
>
> Qustion:
> It looks like org.apache.batik.bridge.SVGClipPathElementBridge
> should implement: org.apache.batik.bridge.ErrorConstants
>
> It looks like it was just left off....I am correct?....should I put a bug
> report in?.... I know this is small but it help keep the code in a heathy
> state :-)

In the Bridge and in other places, we are using XXXConstants interfaces
has helpers for classes which  need to use a common set
of constants. This is not providing functionality as such, but it
helps sharing the constants and simplifying the code. When
the constants are not used (e.g., SVGClipPathElementBridge does not
use any ERR_XXX constant) by a class, there is no real point in having
it implement the XXXConstants interface. It would not hurt much to have
it though, but it is not necessary and it is not adding functionality.

> P.S. I was wondering about the javadoc comments in class files.....some of
> them ...are....well not very helpful....I am wondering if anyone would mind
> if I start working on suggetion ?

Please do if you feel they are not right. It would be great if you
could group your comments and enter them into Bugzilla as one bug.

Cheers,
Vincent.