From Keiron Liddle <kei...@aftexsw.com>
Subject Re: svg font clipping
Date Tue, 18 Jun 2002 13:01:22 GMT
On Tue, 2002-06-18 at 13:40, Thomas E Deweese wrote:
>     What is the current state of FOP + Batik?

The issue with FOP is really about the releases, not so much cvs.
Currently releases are coming from a branch. There is a release
happening soon that will work with 1.5b2 and current Batik cvs.

>     So, if cvs FOP will not currently work with cvs Batik, and given
> your statements above I would feel that I have a fairly free hand to
> muck with the TextPainter interface (and not do the duplicate methods
> thing - which would be ugly since I would ideally want to 'repurpose'
> existing method names to be consistent with the rest of GVT).
>
>     However, if cvs FOP will currently work with cvs Batik.  Then I
> would not want to break what is currently working (so I would
> duplicate methods for at least a release).

You don't really need to worry about it breaking functionality so much.
It is really about compatibility as far as running.
This 'feature' in the FOP releases is really a use at own risk at the
moment.

>     As for sooner, I don't think it would make it for 1.5B3 but
> probably shortly there after.

After would probably work better from my point of view and don't bother
duplicating methods if it would be ugly.

Thanks,
Keiron.