From Ahmad Morad <mo...@db.informatik.uni-kassel.de>
Subject SVGDocument
Date Fri, 01 Mar 2002 10:20:31 GMT
Hi,

In my Applikation I read the visualization from a socket. I read the
XML-Content from the Inputstream and produce a dom Document. If this is an
HTML I use the JEditorPane swing widget to render it. If this is SVG
I want to use the JSVGCanvas widget. This became as first argument a
SVGDocument object.

In the batik API, the SVGDocument is a (dom) Document!
So the type cast

   Document doc;
   SVGDocument svgDoc = (SVGDocument) doc;

must be correct! However I got type a cast Ecception. It sounds
to be a small a problem, but I don't really find a way how to
create a SVGDocument from a (dom) Document. Something like:

 private SVGDocument doc2svgDoc (Document doc) {
       SVGDocument svgDoc;
       return svgDoc;
  }