From Anthony Mills <ami...@pyramid6.com>
Subject RE: XForms..
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2002 16:05:58 GMT
Currently, I am seeing how hard it would be to run Batik on a PDA.  Once I
get this to a useable state/fail miserably, I would like to add XForms
support.  I agree that we might want to develop this separately.  By next
week, I should have an idea how hard it will be to port Batik.  First I am
going to try and port Batik to a PDA.  Until I finish this or decide it is
too complex, my interest in XForms will only be as an observer.

Thanks, Anthony

-----Original Message-----
From: Vincent Hardy [mailto:vincent.hardy@sun.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 28, 2002 2:31 AM
To: batik-dev@xml.apache.org
Subject: Re: XForms..

Anthony,

A couple additional precisions.

> Anthony Mills wrote:
>
> > Does Batik support XForms?  Is there any plan to support it?  Would a
> > separate project need to be created to add XForms support?

I think it would be good to do it as part of Batik. There seem to be
a lot of interest in having forms in SVG, so I think having an
XForm effort in Batik would be good. If multiple projects need
XForm, then it would make sense to do it separate I guess.

If you are interested in contributing to that effort, please do!
You can contact me at vhardy@apache.org if you'd like details on how
contributions happen.

Cheers,
Vincent.