From Bill Haneman <bill.hane...@ireland.sun.com>
Subject Re: GVTACIImpl bugs?
Date Sat, 16 Dec 2000 17:51:15 GMT
Denis Bohm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In GVTACIImpl.java currentIndex is never modified even when next() is
> called.  I appears that iter.getIndex() should be used everywhere rather
> than currentIndex.  Given the incorrect package name, out of bounds
> accesses, and currentIndex problem, it appears that this class hasn't been
> finished or tested.

I think that's correct.

> Should I be using (new
> java.text.AttributedString(s)).getIterator() instead?

I am curious: why are you using either?  GVTACIImpl is
a class intended for internal use by the text bridge (instantiating
text element) and the TextPainter implementation(s).  I assume you
are doing something in an implementation of one of the
org.apache.batik.bridge interfaces ?

GVTACIImpl is likely to be heavily used in the near future.  In
particular
it will be used for per-glyph positioning (tspan x,y and dx, dy
vectors).
But of course you are right, it isn't ready for use in its present
state.

-Bill