From Thierry Kormann <Thierry.Korm...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: pending commit: GraphicsNodeRenderContext param in geom methods
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 13:49:17 GMT

> I hope to have the conversion done in my own codebase today, regression
> test it,
> and then commit.  But if someone else has a big commit today, either
> I would request that they wait and do an update, or else I can merge my
> changes later (probably not tomorrow, it could delay this into next
> week).

Before changing anything, I really would like to all others about this issue. I
really prefer to change/clean the whole APIs and classes before changing code
or add new features.

I am a bit nervous about modifing lots of files before cleanup is made. I know
that's only an additional parameter but I *really* modify the dependencies
between the package.

So, next week, I would like to start a discussion about the modifications I
would like to do in Batik and the ones you would like and then start cleaning
the API (without any new features or those that can be easily removed).

So, please, could you want before performing any changes?

And, if all of us can already think about the things they would like to clean
or document or illustrate with examples... that would be great.

One of the bigest topic as far I am concerned is : "remove the refimpl packages
and provide a nice, well documented set of concrete packages."

Any comment?
Thierry.

--
Thierry Kormann