From Bill Haneman <Bill.Hane...@ireland.sun.com>
Subject Re: [bugs] Filter bounds vs. getPrimitiveBounds
Date Tue, 12 Dec 2000 17:21:07 GMT
>> It seems that this happens in a call to
>> SVGUtilities.convertRegion(...).
>
>oh no! You have changed this code ??????

Relax Thierry, this is why I am asking instead of doing ;-)

>This code is tricky and I spent many times to clean that and to have
>no regression on filters and patterns.

OK.

> It is normal to use the geometric bounds
>and not the primitive bounds.

No, I don't think so.  Primitive bounds are what are
needed for filters.  The question is how we implement
this change.  But without it filters will not work
as one wishes.

>I am going to send a proposition of things to do for release 1.0. We
>could study your problem at this time.

Until this is fixed it is we will have
either broken text selection (hit region is too big)
or broken filters (filter region is too small).

http://www.inria.fr/koala/tkormann/