From "Denis Bohm" <de...@fireflydesign.com>
Subject Can I embed SVG elements in other documents?
Date Thu, 14 Dec 2000 06:32:52 GMT
Hi,

I would like to use Batik as a library in my application.  I have an XML
file with my own DTD or XML Schema and I would like to include svg elements
in it.  Then after parsing I would like to selectively build GraphicsNode
objects for some of the svg elements and render them directly to a
Graphics2D.  So my XML file would look something like:

<!-- node is part of my DTD or XML Schema -->
<node>
    <!-- any svg element tree -->
    <svg id="body" width="200" height="200" viewBox="0 0 200 200">
        <circle cx="100" cy="100" r="100" />
    </svg>
</node>

Is there some to do this?

Maybe using the Xerces XML Schema and namespace features so that svg
elements can be placed in some other document type?

Thanks,
  Denis Bohm
  Firefly Design