From Bill Haneman <bill.hane...@ireland.sun.com>
Subject Re: [bugs] TextLayout exception and Ausmap deadlock
Date Sat, 11 Nov 2000 20:41:41 GMT
Bill Haneman wrote:

Aha!

I should have done grep -r for Thread and Runnable days ago.
I just found lots of thread code that I wasn't aware of
before, and there are definitely things in there that could
account for the problems.

Since thread behavior will have a significant impact on
error propagation I think I should try to fix these before
code freeze - I will have a guesstimate this weekend on
when I can have fixes committed, I hope.  I might be able to
make fixes this weekend...

Files that use background threads:
    ViewerFrame (fixed last week)
    DocumentLoadRunnable (new, safe)
    MemoryMonitor (unsafe, needs fixing)
    JSVGCanvas (the source of the "moscow" bug, I think)
    DefaultUserAgent (haven't examined yet)
    RasterRable

-Bill

Bill Haneman