From "Bill.Haneman" <Bill.Hane...@ireland.sun.com>
Subject Re: Text selection and attributes in 0.0
Date Sun, 22 Oct 2000 15:46:01 GMT
Vincent said, regarding text support for 0.1:

> My preference is to do the following, in order of priority:
>
> a. limited tspan support (i.e., support styling properties).
> b. text stroking (is that possible at all?)
> c. text selection.
>
> Given the time frame and the amount of synchronization required, I
> think c may be hard to make by November 3rd.
>
> What do you think?
> V.

I am very confident in (a) and (b).  I agree that (c) is a longer
bet but still think some form of text selection is possible in the short
term.

I think I can get (b) done in about a day, getting (a) might be more
efficiently done by the Bridge folks since tspan will be implemented as
a TextNode, same as other text nodes except for the complexity of the
ACI.  Using AttributedString to create the ACI should work just fine, it will
be mmy job to find the Stroke attribute spans, etc. - in other words, just
add the appropriate attributes (but not including DX, X, etc.) to the
AttributedString, including STROKE attribute, and I will take care of the
rest (via TextPainter).

-Bill