From James Duncan Davidson <james.david...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: PR for Apache SVG Open Source project
Date Tue, 17 Oct 2000 23:58:46 GMT
on 10/16/00 1:30 AM, Vincent Hardy at Vincent.Hardy@eng.sun.com wrote:

> James,
>
> After discussion with a couple members of the team (Thomas, Thierry,
> Stephane and later with Dean), we think that we should make an announcement
> when we have a site ready where people can have a look. Even though
> we have pretty good software in the CVS code base, we need to work on
> some basic documentation and work out our release process. Our feeling
> is that this is going to take two to three more weeks. Unfortunately,
> this means that we will not be ready for an announcement at ApacheCon.
>
> I have only expressed the feeling of some of the members so I hope
> other people on the list (Christophe, Emmanuel?) will voice their
> opinion as well.

Sounds good. I don't have a problem with missing a PR opprotunity for
ApacheCon if we're not ready for prime time. I'm more concerned with making
sure that we get good code and a good community built in any case. The press
will come whenever -- we have more opprotunities in the future.

When things are ready to go public, please give Susan a heads up and we can
do all the right things then.

.duncan