From Vincent Hardy <vincent.ha...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Question about filter implementation plans
Date Fri, 27 Oct 2000 15:36:02 GMT
Dean, Thomas,

Thanks for your emails on the filter implementations. So, here is my
current understanding:

Thomas
------
feConvolve (this is a fair amount of work right?)
feBlend

Dean
----
feComposite
feMerge

Vincent & Sheng
----------------
feTile
feDisplacementMap
feDiffuseLighting
feSpecularLighting
feMorphology

About the other 2 related features (handling of the various in values
and cliping), I think that:

a. IN Attribute.

Dean is: 1) writing a common utility to extract a Rable source from
            the in attribute value.
         2) the utility method will take care of the various
            predefined sources (such as SourceAlpha, FillPaint, ...)

b. Clip

Thierry is writing the bridge side of things (i.e., setting the clip
on the various GraphicsNode at creation time, which involves handling
the clip property and the clipPath element). GVT already uses the clip
(aliased clip, as per spec. IMHO this is bad, I would rather have
anti-aliased clip, but this is what the SVG spec recommends).

V.